All the strange Gods
Traits help set your character apart. They specify certain characteristics – usually about your character’s personality – that are both advantageous and detrimental to them. But more importantly they are part of what makes your character who they are. You can use each trait to aid you once a session, and likewise the GM may use it once to hinder you. Traits let you change a failure into a success in situations in which it would make sense for your trait to help you, and can also turn some successes into failures. Note that sometimes, the GM may ask you if youd like to use your trait even though you have no idea what the draw is for. Everyone starts off with one trait.
Below are some examples of traits, but feel free to modify these or come up with your own to fit your character concept.
- Alert: Your character is attentive to all sorts of details around them but also rather jumpy.
- Bitter: Your character is jaded. This makes them
- Bold: Your character is extremely brave, though rather heedless sometimes.
- Calm: These characters always have a serene demeanor. Maybe in some cases it would do them so good to be a little agitated.
- Clever: Your character is very ingenious, though this may cause them to be slightly haughty.
- Compassionate: These characters may be overly generous, forgiving, or bent in the protection of others, even when it would cause them misfortune.
- Curious: Your character is extremely inquisitive, which can lead them to dangerous situations.
- Diplomatic: This ia a character who is great at mediating conflicts, but may be too yielding.
- Fearful: These characters have a sharp sense for danger which may make them seem cowardly to others.
- Fiery: These characters are very passionate people, though they can be somewhat rash in making decisions.
- Graceful: Your character has an impressive aura, which makes them seem arrogant or pretentious to others.
- Honourable: Your character has a strict code of honour or law that they follow, and can sometimes be rather unyielding in.
- Independent: Your character is extremely capable and self-sufficient, but maybe is not so good at working with others.
- Instinctive: impacient rash
- Skeptical: Your character always keeps a discerning eye out for wha may be wrong, though this also makes them rather distrusting.
- Stoic: cold
- Contemplative: thorough hesitant